Distance: 5-6 Mile Loop
It’s not too late to head to Mount Rainier for spring snowshoeing! With the abundance of snow this winter the trek to Mount Rainier is worth the amazing adventure that awaits you whether you snowshoe or back country ski. The Mountain is calling …..”You must go!”
Plan on leaving Woodinville by 7:30 AM to reach the Nisqually entrance off Hwy 7. The long drive is worth it! Once you have paid the entrance fee it is another six miles to the Longmire National Park Inn where there is a gate blocking the road.
This gate to Paradise opens at 10 AM and closes at 5 PM daily in the winter. There is usually a line of cars eagerly waiting for the gate to open. All cars must carry chains or be 4-wheel drive. If chains are required, the ranger at the first gate to the park will tell you. Also ask about any avalanche concerns. If you need chains, Whittaker Mountaineering store in Ashford has rental chains available on the way to the park. Also the store at The Longmire Inn rents snowshoes.
If you roll back behind the trees, around the wineries, wrap around where Woodinville whiskey is made, you can spot the century-old woodwork covered in canvas that is the Spiegeltent. This tent, adorned with stained glass, mirrors that bounce back thrills demanding awes, is Teatro ZinZanni’s heartbeat. The body surrounding the steady beat are the appendages that allow costumes to be sewn, performers their training ground of trampolines and vaulted ceilings, kitchens and dining rooms that provide exquisite dining. This is the Teatro ZinZanni world headquarters nestled into the tranquility in a uniquely Woodinville way.Read more ...
More Articles ...
- 4 Tips To Making Your Home Stand Out
- Secret Snowshoe Adventure
- Dementia Prevention Starts in Middle Age
- Eagle Scout projects at 21 Acres
- The Forgotten Children’s Fund
- Hydrocephalus Association and Locust Cider
- Nature Vision: Appreciation & Stewardship of the Environment
- Holiday spirit on Hollywood Hill
- Find Your Inner Peace this Holiday Season
- We’ll Meet Again, Great Alaskan Earthquake
- North Creek High School Students Get a Taste of Aviation and Engineering with New Class
- Northwest Boxer Rescue
- Holiday Gift Ideas – For Seniors
- TEDxSeattle 2018 – Tall Order
- Rules You Should Know