A Bothell, native and U.S. sailor, recently competed in the 2019 Department of Defense Warrior Games, June 21-30.
Senior Chief Petty Officer Joseph Paterniti competed for Team Navy during the games, held in Tampa, Florida. He participated in powerlifting, rowing, track, field and cycling.
There’s an old expression: “Act like you’ve been there before.” But that advice isn’t always easy to follow.
Take Nolan McCafferty, for example. During one game in 2018, he walked up to the plate in the bottom of the tenth inning. His Pomona Pitzer Sagehens trailed Pacific Lutheran 16-14. There were two runners on and one out. He took a practice swing, stepped into the batter’s box and peered out at the pitcher.
More Articles ...
- Lady Falcons Capture Les Schwab Championship
- Mustarde Bids Adieu and a Summer Update
- Mucklestone Goes out in Style; now Bound for the Air Force
- Girls Lacrosse Team Wins Tournament
- Optimism Abounds as Falcons Wrap Up Spring Practice
- Jimbo Weir and the Battered Bastards of Baseball
- Northshore Middle School Tennis Team Undefeated
- 2019 Washington District 8 Little League® Challenger Jamboree
- Woodinville Coach pleased that Championship Games no Longer at Tacoma Dome
- Falcons Soar at State Track Meet
- Northshore Rowing Caps Exciting Season
- Daoud-Hebert Signs with Central Washington
- Drew Ruana Takes Aim at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Pippel Takes the Path Less Traveled to Montana
- Pirates are Woodinville Little League Tournament Champions