Earlier this year, the Riverview Education Foundation presented its newest grant awards to the Riverview School District. 28 grants were awarded for a total of $40,932.34, the most money ever awarded by the Riverview Education Foundation during its grant season.
REF grants provide funding for a wide assortment of programs, materials and equipment that enhance the educational opportunities of students in Riverview schools.
Some of this year’s grants include:
• Funding for all necessary equipment and materials to introduce a dedicated science and art room at Carnation Elementary.
•Sets of "ActivExpressions" systems for use district-wide, allowing student interaction with Promethean whiteboards.
• Partial funding to help build a greenhouse on site at Stillwater Elementary.
• A Gel Electrophoresis lab for DNA studying at Cedarcrest High School.
• Trebuchet kits and materials for Tolt Middle School math students.
• Seven balance bikes of various sizes for use in the self-contained preschool, blended preschool and ECEAP programs.
• Flip video cameras to Tolt Middle School for student projects.
• Kindles full of classic literature, microphones and body packs for use in drama productions, music stands for use in the Riverview Orchestra Club and much, much more.
The Riverview Education Foundation is an all volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of Riverview students. REF grants are funded entirely by donations and from money raised at special events, and all proceeds benefit Riverview schools.
REF held its annual 5K/10K Run during Duvall Days again this year, with all proceeds benefiting REF Health and Wellness grants. REF will also hold its annual Golf Classic and 2nd annual Phone-A-Thon in the fall of 2011.
Visit the REFwebsite at REFweb.org for more details as they become available.
REF extends its warmest thanks to all the businesses, community members, teachers, students, parents, school district staff and school board members whose generosity and dedication makes these grants possible.
For a full listing of this year’s grants and to find out how you too can help support Riverview schools, visit www.REFweb.org.