Woodinville PD | Police Blotter | April 14, 2023
1. Shoplift - 13400 NE 175TH ST – On March 31, 2023, around 5:40 p.m., a witness reported someone suspiciously stashing alcohol bottles in a dumpster. Upon further investigation, deputies learned that a recent shoplift just occurred and the suspect description matched what the witness reported. The suspect was located and detained. The suspect told deputies he wanted to steal alcohol and provide it to a minor. He was arrested, trespassed, and charges were referred to court.
2. Drunkenness – 17900 140TH AVE NE – On April 1, 2023, around 12:50 p.m., deputies were dispatched to a welfare check of someone stumbling around and falling over. He was located and initially refused a hospital transport. His blood alcohol level was extremely high, and he almost fell over while speaking to medics. He was involuntarily admitted to the hospital for additional assistance.
3. DUI Collision – 14300 NE 145TH ST – On April 1, 2023, around 10:53 p.m., deputies responded to a single vehicle collision. The vehicle drove over a raised center median and caused major damage to the median and vehicle. The driver was ultimately arrested and processed for DUI.
4. Shoplift – 14000 NE WOODINVILLE DUVALL RD – On April 1, 2023, around 2 p.m., a business reported two suspects came in to shop. One acted as a lookout while the other stole merchandise. Both suspects left without paying for anything. The suspects were reported to have history with shoplifting at other chain stores. Case was assigned for detectives to follow up.
5. Original Post: Burglary (Residential) – 13300 NE 171ST ST – On March 9, 2023, around 1:00 p.m., an employee reported an apartment door was forced open and a knife was visible near the front door. Deputies searched the apartment, and no one was inside. The apartment was burglarized and KCSO’s Fingerprint Unit was called to fingerprint the scene. Case was assigned to detectives for follow ups.
a. Follow up: Detectives worked leads on the case and developed probable cause. On 4/3/2023, around 10AM, a search warrant was served without incident and some of the victim’s items were seized and returned. The investigation is still ongoing.
6. Eluding – 17500 131ST AVE NE– On 4/5/2023 around 1:07AM, a deputy observed an individual driving who had a domestic violence assault warrant. When the deputy attempted to pull the vehicle over, the vehicle fled. The deputy did not pursue as it did not meet state law requirements. The case was assigned to detectives for follow ups.
7. Eluding – SR 522 @ King County Line – On 4/6/2023 around 8AM, WSP received multiple possible DUI calls on a vehicle. A WSP Sergeant attempted to pull the vehicle over and it eluded him. The vehicle continued to drive erratically and endangered the public. Shortly after, two deputies observed the vehicle and attempted to pull it over at the Snohomish/King County line. The vehicle fled and the deputies pursued after it. The vehicle drove the wrong way on the freeway and attempted to drive up the embankment onto Woodinville Snohomish Rd. The vehicle became stuck, and the suspect was arrested. The suspect had shotgun shells in his pocket and a shotgun was recovered from the vehicle. The suspect refused the breath test and Deputies obtained a warrant to extract his blood. The suspect was booked into jail with several felony investigations and numerous gross misdemeanor charges.
Please support the Woodinville Weekly by subscribing today!
You may also like: